We’ve outlined seven effective medspa marketing ideas below that can help your business thrive in 2023. Having a well thought out marketing strategy that incorporates some of these ideas will ensure your business stands out from the competition and has its best year yet.
MedSpa Marketing Ideas for 2023
Here are seven ways to market your medical spa or aesthetics business in 2023. The following are some of the most effective tactics to get the word out about your business and get more loyal clients.
Engage With Your Local Community
Getting out and involved in community events is a great and cost effective way to meet potential clients and network. Find events where your target demographic will be and see what opportunities there are for you to participate.
Here are some ways to get out into your community:
- Search event sites like Eventbrite to see what’s coming up
- Join business associations, such as your local Chamber of Commerce and participate in or sponsor their events
- Host an Open House and invite your community to visit your facility—you may have something that they don’t know about yet!
- Host community events such as health fairs or mini markets so that people can come out and learn more about you and what you do, while also getting educated on topics like skin care or nutrition
- Designate your employees as ambassadors that represent your company at certain events
Network With Other Business Owners
Networking with other business owners is one of the best ways to get new clients and learn from each other. You can meet people who serve a similar demographic and share ideas, tips & tricks, help each other out and make valuable connections that will benefit your businesses.
Here are a few ways to make the most out of your networking opportunities:
- Create a referral program, where you reward other businesses or a particular person at the company for sending clients your way. You can offer a complimentary service or a special discount.
- Give your menus or handouts of special offers to be displayed at other businesses and in exchange you can display theirs
- Partner with a complementary brand and develop a package together
Sponsor Local Charitable Organizations
A local charitable organization is any nonprofit that works to help the community at large. These charities are often short on funding and long on needs, so they look for business partners in the community to help them with financial support in exchange for some positive exposure.
Here are a few ways you can support local charities:
- Donate services to be auctioned off at a fundraiser or gala. The charity receives the proceeds from your donation and you’ll get a potential new long-term client to your MedSpa.
- Purchase an ad in the program or magazine that is given to attendees of the gala. The proceeds from the ads would go to the organization and it creates great exposure for your business.
- Promote your involvement on social media to show your GoodWill and give further awareness to the charity you’re supporting. In-turn if they reshare your post on their social accounts, it’s a win-win
Write Fresh Blog Content
Writing blog content that is relevant to your business or the services you offer, is essential to growing your online presence through SEO (search engine optimization). It also establishes you as an authority in the Medical Spa industry. The content can also be repurposed for social media or Email marketing.
Tips for writing an effective blog article:
- Use keywords in your blog titles and content
- Use images and videos in your blog posts
- Link to relevant pages within your Website
- Ideally your blog post should be around 1,000 words
- If you need help writing your article, consider hiring someone that’s familiar with writing articles for your industry and understands the importance of SEO
- Use an Artificial Intelligence Tool like Chat GPT to help guide your writing
- Post at least once per week
Prepare Your Marketing and Promotions Calendar
Preparing your promotions or things that you’re going to offer throughout the year ahead of time, will help relieve the stress that comes with trying to come up with something last minute.
Here are some helpful tips when preparing your MedSpas marketing calendar:
- What initiatives worked well in the past or last year? Consider repackaging them and doing it again.
- Break your planning up by season. What do you want to offer clients in Spring? Summer? Fall? Winter? Think about what kind of services they might need at that time, and what specials or discounts could be paired with them. For example, if you offer chemical peels during the winter months, consider packaging it with a soothing facial a few weeks later.
- Plan special occasions throughout the year—such as Mother’s Day —and come up with ideas for how your Medical Spa can celebrate those occasions with your clients. For Mother’s Day you could create a mother/daughter package where they can celebrate and book services together OR purchase the package to use at a later date.
- With promotions or other monthly information you want to market, think about what assets you’ll need to support the program each month. For example you’ll need, point of sale displays in the check in or lobby area, digital graphics for your televisions, social media graphics as well as your Email and SMS graphics each month.
Refresh Your Marketing Images
When it comes to marketing, one of the most effective ways to engage your audience is by updating your images. Whether it’s new video footage or an updated image of your services, making sure that your brand is always current and fresh will help you stand out from the rest.
Here are some tips for refreshing your marketing images:
- Use high-quality images that are relevant to you and your audience. When it comes to choosing the right photos, think about what types of service offerings are most unique to you and what types of people need those services in their lives right now. What makes you and your business different from other MedSpas?
- Are there any recent additions or changes that would be good for clients to know? If so, make sure these details are reflected in pictures used throughout all social media platforms (and don’t forget about Yelp! and your Google Business Listing).
- Don’t use stock photos—use original ones! Stock photos can often seem generic and impersonal when used all the time; if your clients see something familiar enough times at different businesses, they’ll start thinking those businesses all belong together instead of being separate entities with distinct identities.
- Nowadays with the right lighting you can capture amazing quality photos with the current iPhone technology. Consider where you’ll be using the images so that you can capture vertical and horizontal orientations.
Use SMS in addition to Email Marketing
Email marketing is a great way to keep in touch with your customers and most MedSpas are using it to communicate with current and potential Clients. SMS is another great way to communicate with your database and keep them up-to-date on what’s new.
Here are some ways to incorporate Email and SMS into your marketing:
- Send an Email and SMS with your specials or packages for the month
- Set up automated reminders for upcoming appointments
- Set up an automated Happy Birthday message. Within the message you can offer something special to be redeemed within a certain amount of time
- Use SMS as quick and easy way to fill openings in your schedule
If you’re looking to grow your business, the best way to do so is by staying ahead of the curve and outsmarting the competition when it comes to marketing. The world of marketing is always changing, and if you don’t keep up with it then there’s a good chance that someone else will beat you to the punch. These MedSpa Marketing Ideas for 2023 are all about staying ahead of the curve, and making sure your business doesn’t fall behind in terms of engagement with potential customers. We hope these tips were helpful!
About The MedSpa Society
We are marketers with 15+ years of experience working with MedSpas, Plastic Surgeons, Functional Medicine. Not only have we worked with multiple clients in the Medical Aesthetics industry, but we’ve also worked in-house for large multi-location MedSpas. We know how much skill and time goes into running a medical aesthetics or wellness practice. Let us help you stand out and achieve greater success by streamlining your marketing. Working with The MedSpa Society, you will gain a highly engaged team, fiercely loyal clients/patients, and peace of mind. Let’s just say we know the industry like the back of our hand. To learn more about how we can help your MedSpa or Aesthetics business stay ahead of the competition when it comes to marketing, Click Here, Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 954-309-4806.